PHOTOGraphie welcomes all BC photographers to submit entries of your work for this open themed exhibit (any subject) that will be displayed during PHOTOGraphie 2017.
Submissions will be accepted over the summer, please check back for exact dates.
Open Gallery Exhibition offers Photographic Artists the following opportunities:
- Showcase and SELL your work!
- Network and meet new friends in the artistic community
- Get exposure with gallery owners and media who are invited to VIP Opening Reception, mingle and talk about your work, make connections
- The Anvil Centre is promoting this event widely to the local New Westminster arts community
- Images hanging in the exhibition will be promoted with a take-away brochure complete with a thumbnail of your image(s), pricing, and contact information.
- PHOTOGraphie will encourage and handle on-site sales
- Gallery Exhibition will be promoted widely with PHOTOGraphie marketing and press releases
- Increase your marketing value by having an image accepted in to a gallery exhibition
- All exhibitors receive four complimentary tickets to the opening night reception
- No charge to submit up to 3 images for consideration by the curators
- Please be prepared to pay the hanging fee if your images(s) are accepted.
- $45 per image, if chosen for the show
- add $20 for every foot over 24″ on the long side to a maximum of 60″
- 5% of sale
- This fee is only charged if PHOTOGraphie processes your sale and covers handling and credit card fees
- Artists are welcome to sell images privately and contact information will be in the show guide
- Must be submitted as digital files
- Jpg files @ 72dpi / 800 pixels on longest side (for curating purposes)
- File name of each image should be FirstName_LastName_ImageTitle.jpeg
- Include in the email with your submission: Artist’s Name, Title of image, Intended size, Print Price, Email, Phone#
- If image is accepted for exhibition the entrant is responsible for all printing, framing/matting, delivery and pick-up of selected images. Details will be provided.
- Any size image will be considered, keeping in mind that the curators will choose images and sizes that are the best fit for the show
Suggested Pricing Guidelines:
- $250 minimum
- $150 per image for images smaller than 10″
- Price should be for image as displayed (i.e. with frame)
- no maximum price
- Email your digital submission (with PHOTOGraphie Open Exhibition in subject line)
- Email To: email@example.com
- Include in the email with your submission: artist’s name, title of image, intended size (with frame), print price, email, phone#.
- The exhibition will be curated and notification will be sent to participants, maximum of 3 images per photographer.
Galley VIP Opening Reception: Date to be confirmed
- All exhibitors will receive 4 complimentary tickets to attend this VIP event
- During the kick off to PHOTOGraphie this gallery opening event is a chance to mingle with our keynote speaker, exhibiting artists, art buyers and VIPs. Join us for networking and enjoy the exhibition display. Cash bar.
Contact Information: Open Exhibition Coordinator Larry Scherban
*Hanging Fees help cover Gallery display, Atrium rental, hanging/dismantling of show, Insurance, Printed Program, promotion and Opening Reception
*Entries submitted must be the sole work of the artist participant. Copies of the work of another artist, either under the entrant’s name or the artist’s actual name, copies of professional photographs, and demonstration pieces from workshops given or received by the artist or images where the original expression of the idea is not the maker’s will not be accepted.