Pricing Sustainably in the Digital Age
Keynote Address – November 2, 2019 9:00-11:45am
Included with Festival Pass
There is no one perfect formula for success when building your own photography business. Everyone’s needs and desired income will vary depending on a number of factors including where they live and what they want to shoot. My goal in starting to teach people how to price and structure their businesses is to provide people with some REAL numbers to help them get REAL about creating their own goals and being honest with themselves about what it takes to reach those goals.
In this class
- You’ll get honest with yourself about how much work you can really take on.
- We’ll have a group discussion about expenses so you can see how much money it is costing people to run their businesses.
- We’ll examine different pricing structures so you can decide which one is right for you.
I want everyone to come prepared to work so there will be a wee bit of homework before the conference for those of you who want to get the most out of this class as possible.
Small Group Workshop – November 2, 2019 1:45-4:00pm EXTRA FEE
Continue the business discussion and join Dana Pugh as she dissects a couple of the attendee’s current pricing lists and provides solutions to help maximize their profits from each session based on their own personal goals for their business. She will analyze the following things in each of their businesses:
- How do they want to sell to their clients? What is the best way to maximize profits either online or doing in person sales?
- Are there certain products that they can add to their price list to elevate both their service to their clients, as well as, their bottom line?
- Once they have their pricing in place, what’s the next step? How do they get to the goal of charging what they need to charge to reach their desired income?
- We will take a look at offline marketing—getting out from behind your computer and maximizing opportunities within your community to spread the word about what you have to offer!
She knows that it’s one thing to have your pricing figured out, but it’s another thing to put it into action. This is a great opportunity to get her help to create an action plan for 2020 so that you can have your best year ever!
This intensive workshop will give a maximum of 12 participants an opportunity to work intensively with Dana to hone your business for success while creating the life you want. Sign up early to avoid disappointment.
is an internationally acclaimed family and children’s photographer who has been documenting families in the Calgary area and across North America since 2007. In 2010, she was named the first ever Photographer of the Year by the National Association of Professional Children’s Photographers.
Amongst family photographers, she is known for her personal work of her own children whom she has been documenting for the last 15 years. Her family’s innate sense of curiosity about the world has brought her to explore nighttime, underwater and environmental portraiture. Her work is part documentary, part portraiture, and full of personality.
Her clients include children’s clothing lines, professional athletes and local celebrities, but, most importantly, amazingly awesome families from across north America.
Since 2015, Dana has been mentoring photographers on how to price their digital files in order to run a thriving portrait business. This has caused her to launch an online pricing class and very active Facebook group called The Photographer’s Revolution because she truly believes that charging what you are worth is a revolutionary act. Empowering photographers to create businesses that both feed their souls and their pocketbooks has become one of her greatest passions.