Getting in Front of Reps, Ad Agencies & Commercial Clients
Getting your work seen by commercial clients, ad agencies and reps is the way to get commercial photography jobs. Getting work seen by the right people and in the right way is the stumbling block that most photographers encounter.
This workshop will cover
– positioning yourself in the industry, so that your work gets seen.
– Building a strong photography portfolio that speaks to a commercial audience.
– What work to show, what work not to show.
– How showing some of your best work could be hurting your portfolio.
– Visual storytelling. How you present your work matters.
– The essential marketing toolkit you need to get your work seen by the right people in the industry.
is a photo consultant and represents an all girl roster of creative commercial photographers.
As a consultant, she works with photographers defining their niche, curating their portfolios, creating their print and online marketing tools and building highly targeted lists by hand selecting clients that are right for them.
Her role as a rep is not traditional. She started her all girl roster when a few of the talented photographers she was consulting with were excited about their newly curated portfolio’s however had no idea where to go from there. She now works with them on an ongoing basis to build them up as strong commercial photographers in the industry through coaching, marketing, cheering them on and estimating and negotiating on jobs as they come up.
She has chosen to focus on elevating women because she sees a need for Women to be given more visibility in a traditionally male dominated industry. There are so many talented female photographers, that simply aren’t getting seen on the commercial level, but have just as much right to be there. She wants to change that.
She still enjoys working with her male consulting clients, and helps them with much of the same things.
Monashee lives with her husband and twin daughters on one of the Gulf Islands in the West Coast of British Columbia.