Happening on Nov 4: Take Friday afternoon off and join us for these two sessions, which are free and priceless!
First off at 1:30 you can find out more about the Professional Photographers of Canada’s Accreditation process. You will learn how to submit images and what the judges are looking for as well as different category options. Accreditation is the next step in your professional development after joining PPOC.
You are welcome to just watch, or you can actually participate in a live critique. To participate, either email images in advance or bring 15 images on a flash drive for qualified PPOC judges to give you an evaluation. Images must be all in the same category (ie: animals, wedding, fashion) and the flash drive formatted for Mac. See categories here and get PDF notes here.
Select 15 images, create duplicates to the specifications below. Be sure to retain your high-resolution files for future use. The Pre Accreditation Review digital files shall be:
- Sized to no larger than 1200 pixels wide and 800 pixels high
- Note: vertical images will be only 800 pixels high as they are viewed on a horizontal display
- Saved to approximately #8 (of 12) or 70% compression JPEG
- Adobe RGB1998, sRGB or ProPhoto profile
- Named in a two digit sequence as 01.jpg, 02.jpg…. 15.jpg
- Compile the 15 images into a zip file (only)
- Zip file is named: Maker Category# CategoryName.zip ( Jones 01 Advertising.zip)
Category names and numbers are listed on the category page of the PPOC website http://www.ppoc.ca/en/membership/accreditation-categories
Email your review submission to Susie Crichton firstname.lastname@example.org
Then, at 3:30, watch and listen while judges critique images from the recent PPOC-BC image competition. Learn how impact, storytelling, composition and technique come together to create award winning images. If you are a PPOC-BC member, you are eligible to have your 2016 competition images critiqued.
As you take a walk around PHOTOGraphie’s gallery show, you will recognize some of these outstanding images as they will be featured in the Salon Exhibition area of the show. Look for images marked “Accepted”, “Merit” and “Excellence”.